The Kids Arty Farty Festival in Heidelberg is one of Melbourne's best FREE festival's for children (for children 2-12 and their families), hosted by the Banyule City Council.
This year's festival, held on Sunday 22 March 2015 from 10am to 4pm, is set to excite and captivate children and their families. Art activities this year include:
• Face Paint by Children – yes that's right, children get to paint each other's faces (or their parents).
• Making Food Fun – a series of 30 minute workshops demonstrating simple and fun food recipes that children can try at home.
• Aboriginal Arts Tent – children can try their hand at making traditional symbols and writing, as well as necklace making.
• Sand Art – kids can create a masterpiece with paint, sand and glue.
• Cardboard City – check out a city created from cardboard.
• Vikings – learn to be a Viking from a real Viking!
• Yarn Bombing – learn the craft required to create guerrilla knitting pieces you see in the streets.
• A giant paint wall.
Aside from the obvious art projects, children aged 2-12 and their families can enjoy a multitude of other activities, including a ride on a giant slide, a chance to enjoy roving performers and entertainment provided on two stages featuring music, dancing, circus acts and much more, a silent disco, the opportunity to build a cubby house, storybook reading, a chance to meet farm animals or become an environmentalist and traverse rope courses set up by Banyule District Scouts.
Kids Arty Farty Festival in Heidelberg
WHEN: Sunday 24 March 2015, 10am - 4pm
WHERE: Yarra River and Burgundy Street Heidelberg