Imaginative Play Cafe in Melbourne's Eastern Suburbs
Just when you thought the kid friendly café scene in the burbs couldn’t get any better, wait til you see our latest find the Little Village Play Café in Croydon South.
Little Village Play Cafe
Situated amongst a parade of shops in Eastfield Shopping Centre, it’s easy to miss this one, but you don’t know what you are missing out on.
This café has made the front half a café and the back half into an imaginary play paradise with six themes play spaces to create a village just for kids, including:
- Grocery store packed full of fruit, veg and groceries, shopping baskets and a cash register
- Boutique complete with a range of dress ups hanging up for all to try
- Cake shop with a fully equipped kitchen that has all the latest gadgets for the kids to bake treat
- Hospital with a baby nursery
- Tool shop with two walls of tools
- Fire station with fireman dress ups and steering wheels
The fashion boutique and grocery store
In addition to this, there are a range of toys for the younger kids and babies. There’s enough to keep any kid busy for hours while you watch them play.
Mover over Bob the Builder!
The café charges a small fee of $6.50 per child over the age of 12 months to play and this is more than worth it. With it being a small and popular venue with local families, it is advisable to book a table if you have a big group.
With a good selection of hot/cold drinks and snacks, there’s little reason to leave here in a hurry.
A perfect spot to catch up with friends or a mother’s group. They are not open to the public on weekends but are available for hire for parties.
The Little Village Play café also hold a range of organised activities to add that little bit more to the experience including story time and craft.
An amazing location to let your little ones’ imagination run wild.