Australia’s premier ice skating facility, O’Brien Group Arena at Docklands, will come alive with indoor winter family fun in the July school holidays.
The magical Nutcracker Winter Experience has something for kids of all ages with its four activity zones.
Nutcracker On Ice:
There will be three 15-minute Nutcracker shows on ice telling this magical story for all to enjoy between 11.30am and 2.30pm daily starting Monday 27 June. Previews are Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 June between 11.30am and 2.30pm.
In the Enchanted Chalet, kids can decorate Nutcracker and gingerbread men and take part in other craft activities between 10.30am and 2.30pm daily.
Winter chill out zone:
St Moritz on level 1 will be a chill-out zone for those who need a break from the ice with winter movies and to meet the characters from the Nutcracker between 11.30am and 2.30pm daily.
• Public skating - From 9am to late every day with DJ’s across the two Olympic size ice rinks from 9am daily
• Under 8’s Ice Fun - Toys, games and music, plus snow play areas for children to enjoy a totally different toddler experience with Ice Ambassadors to make sure both parents and children have some cool ice fun. 9am to 11am daily
• Free Lessons – Beginners. Free with entry and designed to give non-skaters the skills they require to enjoy their experience. Every hour from 11am to 2pm daily
• Free Lessons – How to Skate Backwards. Free with entry and designed to encourage skaters to improve their skills. Every hour from 11am to 2pm daily
Entry for all day unlimited skating and all four Nutcracker activity zones:
• Adult - $27 including skate hire
• Child (6 to 14) - $23 including skate hire
• Child (3 to 5) - $14 including skate hire
• Family (two adults and two children) - $82 including skate hire
If you want to make a day of it, why not enjoy a flight on the Melbourne Star (Observation Wheel). Enjoy a 20% discount upon display of your skating ticket.
For more information and to pre-purchase tickets, please visit HERE