As part of the City of Whitehorse's Heritage Week celebrations, the local historic icon, Schwerkolt Cottage will host its annual family day event.
The local attraction is an original pioneer's stone cottage dating back to the 1880s and is decked out in the style of that era.
There is also a museum which is a part of the cottage that gives a snapshot of local history.
Each year, the public is invited to bring a picnic and come to Schwerkolt Cottage for an afternoon of FREE non-stop family fun.
With plenty of things to see and do for kids and adults, you are sure to have to drag the kids away from this delight.
- Animal petting zoo
- Fairy Susie and Tip Top Tom the Magician
- Painting, knitting and lacemaking workshops
- Demos from spinners, weavers, woodturners and blacksmiths busy
- Mecanno, and electric trains and Wolseley cars isplays.
- Guided tours of the complex
The Family day will be held on Sunday 11th September from 11am-4pm.
Schwerkolt Cottage and Museum Complex, Deep Creek Road, Mitcham